First-place Winner: Tzuriel Zy Tong
First Runner-Up: Tristan Siegel
The 2012-2013 Youth Competition will consist of a two-round audition process. A YouTube/Video or MP3 submission is required for all applicants. Firstrun finalists will be selected to perform in a recital open to the public. Two winners will be selected from this group to perform with the orchestra in its March 2013 concert.
1. The Competition is open to New Jersey residents under the age of 18 (as of March 2, 2013). There is no minimum age requirement.
2. The Competition is open to all orchestral instruments, excluding piano.
3. Winners from 2011-2012 Competition are not eligible.
4. Applications must be postmarked by November 9, 2012, and include a non-refundable application fee of $45.
5. A YouTube/Video or MP3 recording of the applicant may be submitted with the written application, or it may be submitted separately, but must be received by November 30, 2012. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
6. The recording may be submitted online (preferred method) by the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see How to Submit Online (files linked below) for details.
7. Recordings may also be mailed to Sinfonietta Nova at 40 Honeyflower Lane, West Windsor, NJ 08550 (must be received by November 30, 2012).
8. The audition piece must be performed from memory.
9. The selection shall be a work for solo instrument with orchestra, and shall not exceed 20 minutes in length.
10. All selections must have an orchestral accompaniment available.
11. Up to eight (8) Finalists from the preliminary auditions will be chosen and notified via email by Friday, December 14, 2012.
Final Audition Requirements
12. The final audition will be in the form of a formal recital, which will be opened to the general public.
13. The recital will take place in a public venue and before an Audition Committee on Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 4PM in West Windsor, New Jersey. An alternative audition date may beprovided in case of inclement weather.
14. Contestants must supply their own accompanist for the recital.
15. Winners will be notified within two weeks of the audition.
16. There will be two winners selected to perform with Sinfonietta Nova on Saturday, March 2, 2013. At least one of them will be from Mercer County.
17. The decision of the Audition Committee is final.
18. Winner(s) must be available to work with the conductor and rehearse with the orchestra prior to the concert at one or more regularly scheduled rehearsals.
19. In addition to the opportunity of performing with the orchestra, a scholarship of $500 will be awarded to the first-place winner.
20. Applicants’ parent/guardian shall agree to allow Sinfonietta Nova to use information about the applicants, including names, personal biographies, photographs, and a recording of the concerto performance in promotional and publicity materials, web pages, Facebook posts, as well as on grant and other applications in support of the orchestra and its activities.
Please direct any inquiries to email@example.com