1. The Competition is open to New Jersey residents under the age of 18. There is no minimum age requirement.
2. The Competition is open to all orchestral instruments, excluding piano.
3. First- and Second-place winners from 2013-2014 Competition are not eligible.
4. Written application must be postmarked by October 17, 2014, and include a non-refundable application fee of $45.
5. To complete the application, a YouTube or video recording of the applicant must be submitted by November 7, 2014. Please see How to Submit Online for details.
6. The recording must be submitted online by the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
7. The selection shall be a work for solo instrument with orchestra, and shall not exceed 20 minutes in length.
8. All selections must have an orchestral accompaniment available.
9. Up to eight (8) Finalists from the preliminary auditions will be chosen and notified via email by Friday, November 21, 2014.
Final Audition Requirements
10. The final audition will be in the form of a formal recital, which will be opened to the general public.
11. The recital will take place in a public venue and before an Audition Committee on Sunday, December 14, 2014 at 4 PM in West Windsor, New Jersey. An alternative audition date may be provided in case of inclement weather.
12. The audition piece must be performed from memory.
13. Contestants must supply their own accompanist for the recital.
14. Winners will be notified within two weeks of the audition.
15. There will be two winners selected to perform with Sinfonietta Nova on our Winter Concert in February, 2015. (exact date to be announced)
16. The decision of the Audition Committee is final.
17. Winner(s) must be available to work with the conductor and rehearse with the orchestra prior to the concert. Sinfonietta Nova rehearsals are usually on Tuesdays, between 7 and 10 PM.
18. In addition to the opportunity of performing with the orchestra, a scholarship of $500 will be awarded to the first place winner.
19. Applicants’ parent/guardian shall agree to allow Sinfonietta Nova to use information about the applicants including names, personal biographies, photographs, and a recording of the concerto performance in promotional and publicity materials, web pages, Facebook posts, as well as on grant and other applications in support of the orchestra and its activities.